Sunday, 4 August 2013

Weekending..




 What started off as a very disastrous week managed to turn itself around with a special sister visit on Friday .. My lovely silver laced birds .. new to our flock , became very very sick and a trip to the vets told us they were suffering with a disease called Mycoplasmosis an incredibly infectious bug that would kill them and possibly my existing birds .. after lots of tears and a certain amount of anger I set about dog determined that these girls were NOT going to die .. I gave them the medicine in their water and went out to them hourly to give them fluids and cuddle them and sit with them .. they were so swollen , eyes were closed and their breathing was mainly in rasps and gurgles , sitting in the rain with them was a particularly low point , but I talked to them and assured them I was there and by the third day after dreading opening their coop I saw .. they were getting better .. slowly the swelling went down and now I have two birds very much improved .. not 100 percent better but nearly .. Hope is in amazing thing isn't it .. x

Sat in my garden I can see flowers in bloom, cabbages full of holes and caterpillars and sweetcorn starting to husk up .Whilst the boys indulged in cousin time .. games and hide and seek and a trip to the park , my sister splashed her kisses on the chickens and told them to get well soon , we collected eggs (sadly we can't eat until the meds are finished ) and Eme told me all about her imaginary pink horse ..So love that girl xx

No comments:

Post a Comment