Sunday, 1 September 2013

Welcome September..




Where the ripe pears droop heavily
The yellow wasp hums loud and long
His hot and drowsy autumn song:
A yellow flame he seems to be ,
When darting suddenly from high
He lights where fallen peaches lie.


I can feel the whisper of Autumn but am not quite ready to let her come .. there's a nip in the air and the distinct smell of chimney smoke in the evening .These are the times I love , I'm a child of the Autumn and I look forward to it's return every year..The start of our Autumn term in our learning journey is exciting , this year we have mixed it up a bit .. bringing in several elements to the mixing pot.. My foraging experiences will continue but with both boys involved.I desperately want them to be aware and even more aware of the wonderful world that surrounds them .. Herb lore , folklore , natural change and our animal life .. It's strengths and it's fragility ..Rituals and gentle Rhythm  as we move towards the end of the year .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment