Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Itchy relief ...

As a mummy of a little boy who suffers terrible fear when left alone I don't often manage a lot of self care .. And I've fallen into the habit of trying to rush a shower and hair wash quickly before the screaming starts .. Often he comes with me and if I pour a sink of water he will happily play in that .. Or hang his dolls off the light switch or gives me a running commentary on lego marvel .. Any way i digress .. Because I'm rushing I am not rinsing my hair properly and this has left me with an itchy itchy scalp .. Which is uncomfortable , not the end of the world , but uncomfortable .. I was recently gifted a great book called Naturally Healthy Hair by Mary Beth Janssen so I thought I'd make up a rinse and share it here ...

You will need :

2 cups of purified or distilled water

A handful each of nettle , rosemary and sage ( I plucked mine from the garden but dried would be fine too)

1 drop tea tree oil and 1 drop lavender

Place the herbs in the water in a stainless steel or glass pan.. Bring to a boil then immediately remove from heat ... Let the " tea" sit overnight ..then strain out the herbs .add your essential oil and store in suitable container( the book suggests squeezy colour applicator bottles )

After shampooing and rinsing thoroughly ( yes thoroughly ! ) apply the herbal tea as your final rinse and leave in the hair for as long as you want then wash out .. I'm going to leave the first rinse in for the length of a cup of tea .. This rinse should last you three times depending on hair length xx..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment